Hearing aids may not be right for everyone. For those with situational hearing difficulties – when watching television or during telephone conversations, for example - we offer additional products to meet your unique hearing needs.
Assistive Listening Devices
- Bluetooth capability - Certain cell phones and other devices can be amplified via Bluetooth technology
- Amplified phones - These are for people who have trouble hearing telephone conversations. Amplified telephones offer clear sound, so you don’t have to strain to hear what’s going on. Financial assistance is available for qualifying individuals through the Access Iowa program.
- FM systems - Technology that helps reduce background noise, so that you can focus on the sounds you actually want to hear and not environmental noise.
- Personal Audio Amplifier - similar to a personal hearing aid, the AMP has a simple 4-channel design. Includes feedback cancellation and uses a size 10 battery. Patients can walk out of the office wearing an AMP in a single visit. *Not intended to treat hearing loss.* For more infomration about the Starkey AMP click here.
Personal Sound Amplification Products
Personal Sound Amplification Products (PSAPs) are products that amplify environmental sound in specific listening situations. They work similar to hearing aids in that they amplify sound and deliver the sound to the ear, but they are not intended as a treatment to hearing loss – as hearing aids are – because they don’t meet the FDA’s criteria of a medical device.
ConnectClip: Transforming your Opn hearing aids into a wireless headset, ConnectClip allows you to make and receive hands-free phone calls from smartphones. It also lets you listen to music from your electronic devices, use the remote microphone function to better hear speakers from a distance, make video calls using a Bluetooth microphone and chat over the computer via Skype, Lync, etc.
TV Adapter: This accessory allows you to stream TV directly to your hearing aids at the desired volume. The TV adapter, effective from a range of up to 45 feet, connects to most audio devices using the provided cables.
Phone Adapter 2.0: When paired with ConnectClip, this equipment turns a home analog landline phone into a wireless headset. Your Opn hearing aids serve as the headset, while the ConnectClip – attached near the collar – serves as a microphone.
SurfLink Remote Microphone 2: This device streams audio directly to your Muse iQ, Muse, wireless SoundLens Synergy and Z Series hearing aids. The discreet microphone can be worn by a conversation partner to help in one-on-one conversations or with multiple speakers. Those with hearing loss can switch between modes to improve their listening experience regardless of the setting.
SurfLink Mini Mobile: This accessory allows users to connect Bluetooth-ready devices to their Muse iQ, Muse, wireless SoundLens Synergy iQ, wireless SoundLens Synergy and Z series hearing aids to stream phone calls. The SurfLink Mini Mobile is also compatible with the SurfLink Remote Microphone 2 – plug the Mini Mobile adapter into the microphone and stream calls straight to your hearing aids.
SurfLink Mobile 2: This do-everything device works as an assistive listening device, hands-free cell phone transmitter, media streamer and hearing aid remote. The SurfLink Mobile 2 turns Starkey hearing aids into both the phone microphone and receiver. Directional microphone improves listening in noisy environments, while its omnidirectional capability provides versatility in meeting rooms and group settings.
Starkey AMP: A personal audio amplifier is a good fit for some patients who are not ready for a hearing aid. After properly evaluating your hearing, patients can leave our office wearing an AMP after just one visit.
Resound Micro Mic: This discreet clip-on microphone improves signal-to-noise ratio in noisy environments for a much better listening experience. The small-but-mighty piece allows the wearer’s voice to be streamed directly to hearing aids.
Resound Multi Mic: Provides same benefits of Micro Mic while doubling as a table microphone so you can better hear speakers in multiple directions. The Multi Mic connects with loop and FM systems and has a mini-jack input which makes hearing aids work like wireless headphones, able to stream sound from almost any sound source.
Hearing Aid Accessories
- Batteries - We have cards, which contain 8 batteries, for $10 each. We also have 5 cards for $45, offering a 10% savings!
- Filters - Guard against ear wax build-up with filters, which will keep your hearing aids working effectively.
- Dryer boxes - Remove moisture and extend the lifespan of your hearing aids with dryer boxes.
- Eargene - Lotion for relieving itchy, irritated ears.
- Otoclips - Clothing clips to help prevent loss of BTE hearing aids
- Super Dry Aid Packs - Protect hearing aids from moisture.
- Swim molds
- Musician’s ear plugs
For comprehensive audiology services, including balance testing, as well state-of-the-art hearing aids and other technology, visit us at our main office in Mason City, outreach clinics throughout northern Iowa or in Albert Lea, Minnesota.