At Hearing Associates, P.C., we have the expertise and equipment to thoroughly examine your hearing and balance. We've been providing comprehensive hearing tests to patients in Mason City and northern Iowa since 1987. There’s no grade, per se, but treating your hearing loss will greatly improve your quality of life.
- Basic Comprehensive Audiometry: Determines the degree of hearing loss using pure tones and word recognition testing.
- Otoacoustic Emission (OAE) testing: Assesses the functioning of the outer hair cells of the cochlea. OAEs are often used for infants or patients who are unable to respond to basic comprehensive audiometry.
- Auditory Brainstem Response Audiometry (ABR): Checks the functionality of the auditory nerve from the cochlea to the brainstem and also determines the auditory threshold.
- Auditory Steady State Evoked Responses (ASSR): Evokes a response, which is used to objectively determine audiometric thresholds.
- Acoustic Immitance Testing (tympanograms, acoustic reflex testing): determines Eustachian tube functionality and is often used to find out if there is fluid behind the eardrum.
- Visual Reinforcement Audiometry: Usually used with toddlers, this hearing test uses a visual display that provides positive reinforcement for looking for the sound source.
- Conditioned Play Audiometry: This hearing test, usually for young children, uses toys, blocks, cards or other objects when responding to sounds.
- Videonystagmography Test (VNG): This form of testing is used to determine if an inner ear disease may be causing a balance or dizziness problem. The test consists of 4 main parts: Occulary Mobility, Optokinetic Nystagmus, Positional Nystagmus and Caloric Testing. Learn more here.
- Real Ear Hearing Aid Test: Used to validate hearing aid fittings by ensuring proper audibility.
- 2CC Hearing Aid Test: A variety of tests that determine the functionality of hearing aids, including output, gain and battery drain.
If you suspect you may have hearing loss, don't wait. Take our online hearing test, and schedule an appointment for complete hearing tests, including balance testing, at our main office in Mason City, or at any of our other locations throughout northern Iowa and southern Minnesota. We look forward to serving you.